MsRomanticReads

Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books »
Gianni - Melissa Schroeder
Rating: 3.5 - 4

Another great installment in The Santinis series. This time we meet Air Force PJ Gianni or "Gee". He's the youngest brother, but like the rest of the Santini men, when he falls, he falls hard. I liked the fact that Gianni fell for a slightly older woman, and Kianna wasn't all that hung up about age difference or how she looked next to him. I thought it was well paced with the allusion that they'd emailed back and forth during his two month deployment. They got to know each other quite well in that time without the physical aspect getting in the way. All of that changed as soon as he got back state side, and her ovaries weren't the only ones to feel the explosion. After a mind-blowing night and morning after of passion, Gianni could already feel himself falling for the her. Kianna may have been a tougher sell in the feelings department after having lost her husband in the line of duty, add to that the fact that her marriage was practically over before that.

The inevitable drama portion of the story was a little more awkward than in the previous two books. I agreed with Kianna that it came as a bit of a surprise. However, I love that the heroines in these stories all have their own moment to reflect and admit that they could have been a little more forth-coming. The characters were still wonderful to read about. Gianni was incredibly sweet and respectful towards Kianna, even going so far as to have a little chat with her somewhat bratty younger sister. The famous Gianni gene, of being a little territorial when his friends came sniffing around her, also made an appearance, but it was handled with great humor. Gianni and Kianna have some very cute dialogue in this book.

This wouldn't be a Santini story if there wasn't an opportunity to drag in some of the other brothers and their better half for a little heart-to-heart and some ribbing. MJ takes the reigns on this one which was pretty hilarious. Remember, she's not shy about getting physical when she's mad. Next up is Vicente, and I can't wait to see what happens to the "last Santini standing". We'll see how long that lasts.

Favorite Line

My mother always says that it’s always the man’s fault. My father always agrees, especially if he’s within hitting distance. −Gianni.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.