MsRomanticReads

Currently Reviewing

Tease Me
Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books »
Forbidden (The World of Nightwalkers, #1) - Jacquelyn Frank This review can also be found on my blog.

Jacquelyn Frank's first book in her new series The World of Nightwalkers is nothing short of amazing. The journey into her world of paranormal beings and yet more prophesies blended with ancient Egyptian mythology will draw you in and leave you wanting more.

I don't know how she does it, but Ms Frank has managed to pen yet another captivating story steeped in mythology and surrounded it with the world of Nightwalkers that we've come to know from her other series. There are new players on the board, new heroes and heroines to meet and fall in love with and new enemies to fear. The story begins with familiar friends. Bella finds a new prophecy and it's the catalyst that begins the tale of Docia and Ram.

Docia is an ordinary woman with an ordinary life, in an ordinary town, in an ordinary job. And then she dies. But her story doesn't end there. The revelations are nothing short of exciting and fascinating. I particularly liked the ties to Ancient Egypt in this story. She's a good person to her core. She doesn't lean towards hysterical outbreaks when faced with incredible facts, nor is she inclined to buck against the alpha who shadows her every step for her protection. In short, she was my kind of heroine.

Ram. One word to describe him would be flawless. A sense of duty and honor are ingrained in him. Therefore when he finds himself inexplicably attracted to Docia, he must resist his feelings for she technically belongs to another. Not just anyone, but his best friend and King. The more time he spends with Docia, the hotter they burn for one another.

The smart-mouthed duo had some great lines. It was like listening to friends bicker at each other to cover up the underlying (sexual) attraction between them. The author has an uncanny ability to lull you into complacency by drawing your focus into the moment only to throw in a wicked twist. It reaches out like an invisible hand that slaps you across the face leaving you stunned and nearly close to tears. Even her way of conveying the love scenes – they're like poetry. Ms Frank is a master seductress with words. She describes every emotion and act that will make you swoon long after the words have faded and the book has come to an end. I can't wait for the next book!

My thanks to Random House Publishing Group via NetGalley for the ARC.