MsRomanticReads

Tease Me
Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books ยป
Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward

LOVED this! This time the focus was on Payne and Manny, as well as Jane and V.

I really like the character of Payne. She may be virginal and naive, but she's fierce and loyal to those whom she loves. While the blossoming relationship between Payne and Manny was light and refreshing, I think what gripped me the most was V coming unhinged and the toll it took on Jane as well as their marriage. I cried every time those two ran up against another wall. When Butch came to the rescue, I couldn't believe he knew just how to push the right buttons to get V to crack.

For the first time, I think there were no Mr. X, Y or Z's in this story and no sign of the Omega. However, a warrior from the past has surfaced, Xcor. It seems he wants to usurp the throne from Wrath. I'm not yet sure if he's a possible friend or a real foe. What he has planned points towards foe, but the way he treated Payne makes me think otherwise. Maybe the Brotherhood will expand as the Lessening threat grows bigger?

Hottest scene in this story didn't involve the Brotherhood - le gasp! It was Xcor, Throe and a pro. Nuff said.

Loved the twist at the end involving Manny. Who knew? And seeing V so different, lighter was too sweet. He deserves to be really happy for a change.

I can't wait for the next book and hopefully we'll get to see a female warrior in action.