MsRomanticReads

Tease Me
Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books ยป
Lover Eternal - J.R. Ward

Now that I'm getting used to the author's style of writing and how she unfolds her stories, I really enjoyed this story. She really doesn't hold anything back when it comes to the trails her characters have to go through. I like the fact that while the majority of each story is centered around one of the warriors and their future mate, the author also unfolds important bits and pieces of a few other characters as well. I think it helps the flow of the stories to piece things together to get the bigger picture.

Giving the Lessers names that begin with alphabets helps the reader to make a distinction between the "humanity" of the warriors versus the soullessness of the warped vampires. It feels impersonal when the POV switches to the Lessers.

There were times when I didn't like how Mary reacted to Rhage. Then again, for someone who knows she has little hope left of surviving her cancer and thinking of herself as unworthy of his attentions, it's really not that much of a surprise. At least she comes around and decides to hold on to the happiness that she's been fortunate enough to find.

The same goes for Rhage. I wish he would have explained to her much earlier about his "special needs" and why he felt he had to go through with it. I had major heart fail around 3/4 of the way through, and I wasn't all that pleased that he had to put her through the pain of it. She also gave in a little to easily after his confession of love, I thought (considering what he had just done). However, I suppose it was necessary for life and love isn't always a neat little package.

Thought the ending was good and just. The Scribe Virgin was right that Mary had suffered enough and I liked the idea of an ultimate. Sacrifice. I think both Mary and Rhage learned a lot about themselves, especially Rhage.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next story: Zsadist! If any of the warriors deserves some happiness, it's definitely him.