MsRomanticReads

Tease Me
Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books ยป

Review: Tie Me Free by Sandra Bunino

Mia's Submission (The Satin Rose Experience) - Sandra Bunino Brooke's Wish (The Satin Rose Experience) - Sandra Bunino The Submission of a Mafia Princess (The Satin Rose Experience) - Sandra Bunino

Book description:

She’s forty and vanilla…he’s twenty-eight and…not.

Score one for Kate Angel. She’s just signed the hottest erotica author to her start up publishing house, Angel Books, but she needs a crash course in kink to appease her demanding client. Creating a Domsublife.com profile seems like an innocent way to do her homework and satisfy her curiosity.

Mason Myers has lived a lifetime in his twenty-eight years. The product of an Irish orphanage, he grew up fast to overcome his lonely, humble beginnings to become the successful businessman he is today. He's also an experienced Dom at the Satin Rose Experience, an elite BDSM club in New York City.

A mutual appreciation for modern art establishes their online connection. Mason convinces Kate to meet him at the Guggenheim museum’s erotica exhibit where she reveals her fascination in the art of rope bondage, known as Shibari. Introducing her to the ancient art within the safety of the club, Mason helps Kate surrender her deep-seated hang-ups about her age and body image.

As the physical and emotional ties that bind her into the submissive of his fantasies tighten, can Kate learn to break the emotional tethers ruling her life and embrace the freedoms they bestow?

What made this story work for me was the pacing and the foundation of friendship between the hero and heroine. They didn't automatically fall into lust and then the sheets. The reader wasn't privy to what went on during their one month blossoming friendship, however once the story picked up again, the atmosphere was noticeably more charged. Mere attraction had given way to something else.

Mason was all about confidence, tenacity and he certainly didn't know the meaning of giving up. Where Kate was concerned, that was not an option. I loved his portrayal in this story. Aside from the more superficial attributes (young, successful, good-looking),  he was quite worldly for his age. An old soul in a young body. The way he approached Kate and tried to make her see what he saw in her was handled believably and made him that much more appealing with each turn of the page. When they finally came together, it was perfect.

That being said, I found myself just a little annoyed with Kate. Her insecurities led her to mention or think about her physical flaws more often than I wanted to hear. Everything from the twelve year age difference to her shapewear and her weight. No matter what the hero said or did, it wasn't enough to convince her. Kate was definitely in stark contrast to his last relationship with an older woman. I can get behind her hesitation but not behind what sounded like she was fishing for compliments or assurance. For me personally, I would have liked her to have come to some realizations on her own, and not because someone was telling her her worth.

I may not have liked all aspects of the heroine's character arc, but on the whole, I think this was my favorite SRE story. The age difference was probably the biggest draw for me. It's refreshing not having to read about perky twenty-somethings. No matter our age, we all have many of the same hangups. The author always does a great job of telling a whole story even in a condensed format. I recommend this series to anyone who wants to read a BDSM story that is kinky enough to still be romantic, steamy and won't make the reader squeamish. Ms Bunino hits the perfect balance.

Each book can be read as a stand alone, but it's more enjoyable when read in order so you know who the characters are when they make cameos.

Reading order:

#.5 – The Satin Rose Experience (Keyboards & Kink Anthology)

#1 – Mia's Submission

#2 – Brooke's Wish

#3 – The Submission of a Mafia Princess

#4 – Tie Me Free

Disclaimer: I received a review copy from the author for the purpose of an honest review.