MsRomanticReads

Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books ยป

Review: Spirit Me Away by Patricia A. Rasey

Book Description:

Luke Braden was having the best sex of his life one moment, and the next he’s stuck in his apartment as a…ghost. No one to talk with, no one that can see him. That is until Holly stumbles into his life, or there lack of. Things are about to get way more interesting.

Holly Andrews is excited to get her first place, to move beyond the walls of her parent’s house and set out on her own. Nothing can dampen the spirit though, like finding out the place is haunted. And if that isn’t bad enough, the hot and sexy ghost has one thing on his mind…seduction.

This was a funny, sexy, short contemporary romance with a supernatural twist. Just right to get you in the mood for Halloween. I’m not going to lie, but the first line of the blurb sold me on it: Luke Braden was having the best sex of his life one moment, and the next he’s stuck in his apartment as a…ghost.

Holly isn’t looking for a relationship. Not after catching her fiance in bed … um, on the office desk, with a blonde bimbo. She’s moving on with her life and that includes getting her own place that comes fully furnished and with an insta-roomie. A very hot roomie, but also dead. After the brief interlude of disbelief comes acceptance, annoyance and eventually lust.

Luke was not only hot, he was also “cocky” (pun intended), funny and protective. His concern as to why he’s stuck as a ghost fades quickly in the face of a gorgeous woman and the absence of a stirring in his pants. He’s desperate to know that his parts still work so he propositions her often for a blowjob. Just the way he always tacked the request on to the end of any conversation just made me chuckle.

Eventually he realizes that he can’t keep her from living her life and finding someone she can actually be with properly. For me, that was the turning point of his character from a selfish connoisseur of women to a man who actually cared about someone else’s feelings.

While the plot could be seen as a little cheesy and predictable, it was a feel good story, at least for me. I grinned the whole way through and, the rather obvious conclusion of the story was swoon-worthy. It was my second book by this author, and she’s growing on me. Grab this for a light, sexy read. I’ll be reading this again.

Source: http://msromanticreads.wordpress.com/2013/10/11/review-spirit-me-away-by-patricia-a-rasey