MsRomanticReads

XOXO: Sweet and Sexy Romance

by Various Authors, Edited by Kristina Wright

Series: Anthology

Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance

Categories: M/F, F/F, Kink, May-Dec, Interracial, Boss-Employee, Friends to Lovers, Reunited Lovers, Married Couples, etc.

Published: February 14th, 2014

Publisher: Cleis Press

Format: eBook,Trade Paperback

Length: 240 pages

Source: Review copy from publisher

| Amazon | B&N | Google Play | iBookstore |

Blurb

The Ultimate Romance Reader Sensual, sweet and a little bit spicy, this collection of amorous stories is a romance treasure, filled with fun surprises and unusual twists. Award-winning editor Kristina Wright explains, “I love a good love story, especially when it’s one wrapped up in a sexy red bow. Erotic love, the kind that makes your heart beat faster and does exciting things a bit farther south, is what xoxo is all about.” With over thirty top erotic romance writers, including Sommer Marsden, Kathleen Tudor, Rachel Kramer Bussel, Elizabeth Coldwell, Saskia Walker and Cheyenne Blue, these lustfully literary short stories are meant to tease you and please you. xoxo is a veritable candy sampler of delectable delights and inspired ideas to share at home with your sweetie.

“Romance from editor Kristina Wright... It’s getting steamy in here!” —USA TODAY "A thought-provoking and entertaining gamut of tales that encompass all stages of romance. A wonderful range of stories that tell erotic tales of new love, the fears accompanying the start of a marriage, pregnancy, stolen moments from child-rearing, the antidote to stagnation in a relationship, the pain of broken dreams and the fear of commitment. A enjoyable reminder that romance and eroticism are synergistic and healthy elements of a relationship."—Night Owl Reviews

| Goodreads |

My Review

XOXO: Sweet and Sexy Romance is another fantastic anthology from Cleis Press. Thirty-eight contributions promise something for everyone: Married couples, friends to lovers, reunited lovers, lesbian couples, May-December, interracial couples, kinky sex, and exhibitionism, just to name a few. Not every story was my cup of tea. I found a few to be a little too rushed, others were just weird and didn't read “romance” to me, but I found some standouts and have every intention of looking into those authors for more of their work.

My top picks:

Midnight by Emerald – For the past six years, this married couple upholds their kinky tradition to ring in their birthdays. Romantic and very sexy.

By the Sea by Angela R. Sargenti – Wow! This story deserves a medal for hottest sexual encounter on a beach! I think this made the list on quite a few reviews. Involves facesitting. This was hot!

Dirty Laundry by Martha Davis – The heroine knows how to manipulate her burly, manly firefighter into doing housework which ends in mutual satisfaction. Hot!

Imagination at Play by Brighton Walsh – A couple fantasizes about a threesome without having to cross that line. Very hot with a dirty talking hero and heroine.

One Hot Wet Night by Veronica Wilde – Two divorcees, a skinny dip and possibly the beginning of a new relationship status. Very sexy read.

Wild Naked Bandits Flee the Square Conspiracy by Nikki Magennis – This was probably the most memorable, even though I have no idea how to sum this up in one sentence. I have no idea if Gabriel was a loon or just really clever at playing one to intrigue a woman. This was engaging, sexy and some parts were hilarious.

“We may have been on the point of being eviscerated by a couple of rabid Alsatians, but for the moment I was as stuffed as a Kalamata olive and thoroughly enjoying myself.”

Very, Very Well by Kristina Wright – This couple gets kinky in a dressing room. Good introduction to the couple and what they're into sexually. A very hot and steamy read that didn't feel rushed. A very nice and satisfying read to end the anthology.

Other very enjoyable stories:

Control by A.J. Lyle – On their wedding night, the groom coaxes his blushing bride into submitting.

Friend of the Court by Kelly Rand – In this May to December romance, Koryn was fine with the secret relationship and casual sex with the hot DA, but now she wants more. Can Craig give her what she wants?

Designated Driver by Heidi Champa – A married couple gets adventurous in this sexy tale when they need to sober up before driving home. How will they pass the time? Ouch! by Lily K. Cho – Sexy, playful retaliation between lovers.

Eighty Cupcakes by Neve Black – A quick shopping trip turns into foreplay and leads to a hot car tryst. Quick and sweetly sexy.

A.M. Wood by Rosalia Zizzo – After twenty years of marriage, this couple still has it. Sensual.

The Distraction by Louise Hooker – A husband helps his wife take her mind off conceiving difficulties. Sweet and romantic.

Puzzle Pieces by Rachel Kramer Bussel – Bending over a jigsaw puzzle leads to some sexy times for this couple. It's evident how well they know each other and what works so well for them. They just fit. Sensual and sexy.

Visit my blog for a Q&A with author and editor Kristina Wright and a giveaway for a print copy of XOXO from Cleis Press.

Giveaway ends February 21st.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the publisher/distributor.

Source: http://wp.me/p2OXHY-1BR