MsRomanticReads

Format: eBook, Paperback

Length: 155 pages

Heat Level: 5

Source: Purchased from Amazon

Lendable: Yes, via Amazon.

| Amazon | Amazon UK | ARe | B&N | Kobo |

Blurb

Professional bull rider Conner Raub hides a secret from the world. He’s a Dom. When he meets a submissive on tour who pulls at his Dom tendencies, he fights to deny his true self, believing his colleagues will condemn his lifestyle. Jessica Talbot is new to the BDSM scene and the bull riding tour, but after seeing Conner come to the aid of a submissive being mistreated in a club, she sets out to have him for her own. After their first night together she asks him to train her to submit and he refuses, afraid to mix business with pleasure. But Jessica isn’t deterred. She’ll do whatever it takes to make him realize he can have it all—a career, true love, and the BDSM lifestyle he craves.

| Goodreads |

My Review

This was another scorching hot read in the Buckin' Bull Riders series. I started with book four, Velocity, as a part of a blog tour, and I enjoyed it. Now that I've started at the beginning, I will say that from a story stand point, I preferred the later book more. I liked Conner mainly because that man could talk duuuurty! Outside of his Dom persona, I found him to be ambitious, caring, a great friend, protective and just downright sexy. Jessica was a great heroine and perfect for him. She had the right blend of innocence and vixen that just sent him reeling. I liked that she wasn't afraid to experience new things, express her desires and go after what she wanted; she wasn't pushy about it. She still had some vulnerabilities that surfaced from time to time that I chalk up to inexperience. As for the story itself, prepare for A LOT of sex. The majority of the book is Jessie giving Conner blowjobs because she does them exquisitely, and he loves the hell out of them. Normally I would get bored with so many back-to-back sex scenes, but Conner made each one very hot.

“I’m coming. You started this, you’re gonna end it.” He pulled out. “Open up.” He grabbed his shaft and began to jerk it into her open mouth, sending streams of his seed inside. He kept at it until his dick softened. Looking down, he saw his cum splashed on her tongue, her teeth, her lips, her chin, even a little bit on her cheek. He couldn’t help the growl working its way up from deep in his chest.

I don't think the BDSM elements were explored enough in this short story to make them feel believable. If you're already a connoisseur of BDSM, you will probably have issues with Conner. He was called a Dom, but his behavior throughout the book wasn't an accurate representation of one. He commanded her to do quite a few things, but mostly it was to take all of him down her throat. Her lip biting drove him crazy mostly because it drew attention to her lips and that made him wild, but later he called it a bad and nervous habit. She couldn't change a habit overnight so it often felt like he was using it as an excuse to exact punishment. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the general idea of how I felt about the D/s aspect. I think Ms Carr did a better job with the theme in her BDSM heavy story called Master Class.

Jessica got what she set out from the beginning to do which was find a Dom she could submit to completely. Connor waffled a lot between wanting to pursue the lifestyle without compromising his participation in the rodeo. I thought the ending tied up their obstacles in too neat a bow that it felt a little rushed. The hiccup with her job was too convenient and suddenly Conner had won enough money that he could call it quits and thus put an end to their sneaking around. Another minor disappointment was having the hero ask his best buddy to tell him if he was in love or not. Not standard hero behavior, but we never got insight into his past that would explain why Conner wouldn't know what love was. I really liked his best friend, Brady Parish so I'm looking forward to reading his story next.

The Bottom Line

Impact was heavy on the sex, minimal on the character development. The story moved very quickly (I think they were together about a week) with a bit of drama mixed in to push the characters into their HEA. They were a cute couple, nothing more, nothing less. Let's be honest, what I liked the most was the sex and the author didn't skimp on the details. If you're looking for a quickie to get off on, this is for you.

"I’ve got a fifteen-hundred-pound bull to ride in an hour and the only thing I can think about in relation to riding is you riding my dick."

“Deep throat me again, darlin’, I want you to take my whole cock.” He grabbed her head and pushed her down until her nose met the coarse hairs of his groin. Holding her there, he growled, “Fuck yes, keep me in your throat. Accept my cock.”

She slipped out of bed and he slapped her ass on her way by. “Ow! What was that for?” “I wanted to see my handprint on your ass. It turns me on.”

♥ ♥ ♥

Disclaimer: This book was purchased by me from Amazon. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the publisher/distributor.

Buy Links are simply informative in nature. I am in no way affiliated with mentioned book sellers, nor am I under any type of affiliate program with said book sellers. Reviewed books were purchased by me unless otherwise noted.

Source: http://msromanticreads.wordpress.com/2014/02/22/review-impact-buckin-bull-riders-1-by-cassandra-carr