MsRomanticReads

Tease Me
Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books ยป

ARC Review: Reckless Weekend by Eden Summers

Passionate Addiction (Reckless Beat) - Eden Summers Blind Attraction (Reckless Beat) - Eden Summers Reckless Weekend (Erotic Romance) (Reckless Beat) - Eden Summers

Reckless Weekend

Length: 44,900 words

Source: ARC from the author

| Amazon | ARe | B&N |

Blurb

In Vegas, a lot can happen in twenty-four hours.

What do you get when you mix a rock band as hot as Reckless Beat, women strong enough to capture several of the bad boys’ hearts, and a bet that sparks a competitive streak?

Boundaries will be pushed, alcohol will be abused, and loads of sarcasm will be shared.

Once the games are over, it’s time to make a commitment. But love in the limelight is never easy. The past is trying to catch up with the present, and the pressure may be too hard to handle.

Seduction, torment, laughter, and heartbreak—one reckless weekend will test each member of the band and the women who’ve claimed their love.

goodreads-badge-add-plus

My Review

Read: February 24

Alana is in full stress mode for her upcoming wedding to Mitch. The gang has agreed to a bachelor/bachelorette challenge where Mitch and Alana get to compete for a choice of their honeymoon destination, and Alana is hell bent on winning. The challenges each group has come up with were rather funny. Hysterical even, once the alcohol started to flow. But the evening wasn't all fun and games for everyone. In true Reckless Beat fashion, there was laughter, tears, love and drama.

I loved the little snippet with Leah that wasn't just very sexy scene, but it gave me a little more insight into Leah as a person. I learned a little more about her past and what she wants for her future. I hope that the tattoo artist will make a reappearance somewhere in future books. I loved his parting words to her as well, hence why I want him to come back.

Sean was probably the most comfortable with his challenge choice. I think it may have been a set up for his story. My curiosity about the beautician is piqued, and if they are indeed meant to become a couple, I feel there could be some heartache involved. Call it a gut feeling. Sean's challenge melted over into Mason's, and oh boy was that funny. Funny to the reader, but not so much for Mason. After what went down there, I'm surprised the two of them haven't tried to kill each other before this.

On the girl's side, the most drama surrounded Gabi, and my heart broke for her. I couldn't blame her for her feelings and her reaction towards the other ladies who said a little too much. Even I wouldn't have wanted to hear all of that. It was so sweet how the entire group came together to support her and Blake. Despite all the crazy behavior those guys get into, that moment showed just how good there really were at their core.

Alana and Mitch sailed through their problems with flying colors. Mitch took care of her, and she allowed him to. I liked seeing her a little more confident this time around. There was a little bit of a shocker at the end, and now I'm dying to read Mason's story.

The Bottom Line

This was an excellent novella to keep us occupied until book three comes out. I really liked that it involved everyone we'd already met from the first two books and that it showed them at their best and at their worst, all together. The entire group really does see itself as a family, even if one or two members may be too stubborn to admit it. Some will have issues they need to work out on their own, but at the end of the day, they're there for one another. If you haven't read the first two books you may not grasp why these friends felt the need to come up with a crazy plan for Alana, why Gabi felt the way she did, and why Blake stepped up the way he did. I recommend reading the first two books before picking this up so you'll get the full impact of it. For fans of the series, you had better pick this up. Wild, heart-warming, memorable.

Events

Eden will be holding a Reckless Weekend release party on her Facebook page. There will be guest appearances from Michelle Leighton, Carmen Jenner, Rachel Firasek and Sabrina York as well as some of her favorite book bloggers. Make sure you're there to win more fabulous prizes.

The fun starts at 10am (7th of March) AUSSIE Sydney time / 6pm (6th of March) New York USA time.

Eden also has a FB giveaway to celebrate today's release. Click on the image below to go to her original FB post and to find out how to enter.

♥ ♥ ♥

Disclaimer: I received a review copy from the author for the purpose of an honest review. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the publisher/distributor.

Buy Links are simply informative in nature. I am in no way affiliated with mentioned book sellers, nor am I under any type of affiliate program with said book sellers. Reviewed books were purchased by me unless otherwise noted. Any type of ad that appears anywhere on my blog are NOT sponsored. I do not receive monetary compensation. Giveaway prizes are provided by the author or publisher unless otherwise noted.

Find MsRomanticReads online