MsRomanticReads

Currently Reviewing

Tease Me
Club Wonderland

Michelle (MsRomanticReads)'s favorite books ยป

Review: Doms of Dark Haven 2 (Anthology) by Cherise Sinclair, Sierra Cartwright, Belinda McBride

DDH 2

| Amazon | ARe | B&N | iBookstore |

Synopsis

A Good Sub Would... by Sierra Cartwright

Genre: BDSM Erotic Contemporary

Shelby, a wanna-be sub, hasn’t found a Dom strong enough to push past her need to be in control. Her experiences as a sub have been yawn-inducing. She’s fantasized plenty, though, about Trevor Lawton, one of Dark Haven’s legendary, mouthwateringly firm Doms. As the stakes get higher at the charity poker match, Dom Trevor Lawton is fascinated by the woman kneeling across the table from him. Problem is, she’s not a good sub. Oh, she tries, and she’s lovely. But she’s not very good at following orders. The woman needs a firm, unyielding hand…his.

Hunting Holly by Belinda McBride

Genre: BDSM Shape-shifter Paranormal Menage

Related Titles: Educating Evangeline, part of the Doms of Dark Haven anthology

When Holly left the Truckee pack, she left her family, her safety, and the two men she loved. Now she's in San Francisco training as a Domme at Dark Haven. She thinks she's found herself, but tonight, Tex and Hunter have found her. And they are not happy with their little wolf. She's been keeping secrets from them. Tonight, someone's gonna beg.

Additional Publisher's Warning: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: anal play/intercourse, caning, sensory deprivation.

Welcome to the Dark Side by Cherise Sinclair

Genre: BDSM Erotic Contemporary

Related Titles: Master of the Mountain; Master of the Abyss; Simon Says: Mine, part of the Doms of Dark Haven anthology

Real Doms terrify her, so Summer plays with lightweights only. And only in the safety of her club, Dark Haven. But on Western Night, the tough cop who wins her in a sub-roping game is as powerful as they come. Virgil's first taste of BDSM was disturbingly enticing. Hoping to burn out his interest, he visits an infamous San Francisco club, where he wins himself the prettiest little sub he’s ever seen. He’s in a quandary. A man shouldn’t render a woman helpless, let alone spank her ass. But the nervous little submissive clearly loves being in his ropes. Her need to be controlled is as powerful as his need to control. So he indulges himself, and her. That one night could be the beginning, but instead it's the end. She won't play outside the club and he lives too far to come play. He'll just have to find a way to forget her...or get her in his ropes to stay.

Publisher's Note: All of the stories within this anthology contain explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: strong BDSM theme and elements (including/not limited to: bondage and spanking).

goodreads-badge-add-plus

My Review

A Good Sub Would... by Sierra CartwrightMRR Recommends Top Pick25

I loved this standalone story for the anthology. In fact, I ended up wishing this had been a part of a series. Shelby wasn't a bratty sub, she was just not that experienced. But she was a very fast learner. The story moved quickly for they had only one week together. Shelby not only blossomed under him and became the perfect submissive, but they also fell for one another. Trevor realized that he'd been missing a challenge of having a sweet submissive who needed his guidance and discipline, and Shelby realized she needed and wanted more than the boring occasional sessions with her friend. The scenes were all scorching hot, but underneath was also this sweet romance. I was rooting for them to work out a way to be together. Their last scene in Dark Haven made me tear up, but the ending was oh so sexy! Definitely a winner for me.

Hunting Holly by Belinda McBride

This story was hotter, and seemed longer than the story in the first anthology. I loved the connection between Holly, Tex and Hunter. Holly and Hunter's history was especially sob-worthy. I was intrigued that Holly, as a human, was a domme, but when it came time to claim her mates, she had to submit. That was an interesting dynamic. I didn't feel a pull towards the two males. It felt awkward at times when Tex had to guide Hunter on how to become a dominant male. This story probably needed more time and more words to fully develop. It was a hot menage story with some suspense thrown in, but in comparison to the other two stories, I was slightly bored. I won't be checking out the rest of this series.

Welcome to the Dark Side by Cherise Sinclair

Cherise Sinclair never disappoints. We first met Virgil in Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters #2) and Summer was the abused sub from Simon Says: Mine (Doms of Dark Haven 1). Much like Masters Xavier and Simon, I thought this was a perfect pairing. Summer wasn't completely over her horrific ordeal and Virgil, small town cop and protector of women, thought his dominant desires made him a pervert. I loved Summer's blend of sweet and sexy, and she was smart to be overly cautious. Her journey towards trusting a dom again wasn't too slow or too fast, and it was helped along with the glowing references and a sneaky test from his friends. I was pleasantly surprised by Virgil. I never expected him to be such a sexy dom. And his scenes, holy hell they were HOT!!! The one at the lodge, in the chair, will have you squeezing your thighs together. This was the better of the two anthologies, and infinitely hotter. I highly recommend it.

5_MRR_Rating

♥ ♥ ♥

Disclaimer: Self-purchased book. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the publisher/distributor.

Buy Links are simply informative in nature. I am in no way affiliated with mentioned book sellers, nor am I under any type of affiliate program with said book sellers. Reviewed books were purchased by me unless otherwise noted. Any type of ad that appears anywhere on my blog are NOT sponsored. I do not receive monetary compensation. Giveaway prizes are provided by the author or publisher unless otherwise noted.

Find MsRomanticReads online

TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST

Source: http://msromanticreads.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/review-doms-of-dark-haven-2-anthology-by-cherise-sinclair-sierra-cartwright-belinda-mcbride