MsRomanticReads

Series: Eternal Mates #3

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Release Date: August 9th, 2014

Publisher: Indie

Format: eBook, (Print to follow)

Length: Novel, 110,000 words

Source: ARC via author

Pre-Order: | iTunes | Kobo |

Available here on release day: | Amazon | ARe | B&N | Google Play | Smashwords |

Synopsis

An elf prince on the verge of losing himself to the darkness, Vail is maddened by the forty-two centuries he was under the control of a witch and forced to war with his brother. Now, he roams Hell seeking an escape from his terrible past and the heads of all who bear magic. When demons of the Fifth Realm capture him, he sees a chance to end his existence, but when he wakes in a cell to a beautiful female, he finds not death but his only shot at salvation—his true fated mate.

Captured by the enemy of the Third Realm when the war ended, Rosalind has spent months in the cells of the Fifth Realm with her magic bound, forced to heal the new king’s demon warriors, and haunted by the lives she has taken. When she’s brought to heal an unconscious man, she discovers her only hope of escape has come in the form of her worst nightmare and the first part of a prediction that might spell her doom—a devastatingly handsome and dangerous dark elf prince.

Unwilling to fall under the control of anyone ever again, Vail must escape before the Fifth King can use him as a pawn in a deadly game of revenge, but he cannot leave without Rosalind, the woman who looks at him with dark desire in her stunning eyes and awakens a fierce hunger in his heart. A witch who drives him mad with need even as the darkness within whispers she will enslave him too.

Can Rosalind escape her fate as they embark on a journey fraught with danger and resist the temptation of her rogue elf prince? And can Vail overcome the memories that madden him in order to seize his chance for salvation and the heart of his fated female forever?

goodreads-badge-add-plus

Excerpt

You can read an excerpt on Felicity Heaton's website, here.

My Review

Intense, heart-warming and heart-breaking all in one. This book is so difficult to review while avoiding spoilers. Therefore, I'll say that you should definitely start at the beginning with the first book. This book can be read as a standalone, but then you'll miss the build-up to the events of this one, and that would be a shame.

Am I horrible for saying that I loved seeing Vail so broken? I knew his healing wouldn't come quickly or easily, but I really felt for him throughout this one. The story started out with his capture by the King of the Fifth Realm. And fate threw him together with the one person who was both a curse and his salvation, the witch Rosalind. The majority of this story dealt with Vail's past and current trauma, courtesy of a dark witch. His deep hatred and lust for killing all witches extended to Rosalind, even after an accidental bond. The back and forth between lucidity and madness made him such an interesting character, and it made me root even harder for his redemption. In terms of romance, he seemed like a boy trapped in a man's body. He had a lot to learn, but his struggle to trust her and relinquish some control made him so endearing.

In the second book, Rosalind seemed so timid and skittish, so I was pleasantly surprised with her toughness here. She was a nice blend of nurturing and fighting spirit. I thought she handled Vail's "mood swings" rather well. She was caring and compassionate when it was called for, but she wasn't a doormat just because of the underlying attraction. She stood up to him and forced him to communicate when it really mattered. I loved her vulnerability stemming from her inability to cope with the events that took place in the second book. Despite having her own issues, she put them aside for Vail.

As usual, the author did a fantastic job with details - world building, descriptions, sights, smells, you name it. Slipping back into familiar territory always comes easily, no matter how much time has passed between books. The pacing wasn't too fast or too slow. I thought it was perfect, and they spent enough time together - from being captured and tortured to running for their lives - that I believed the gradual development of romance between them. And it wasn't just a by-product of their bond. Those two were put through the wringer in terms of dealing with their demons. The author also doesn't gloss over fight scenes that begin and end on one page. I love the descriptions of battle scenes, Felicity Heaton style. And I'm ever so grateful to her for feeding my black armor fetish. Loren or Vail in full gear is a thing of hotness!

There is so much more that I could say, but since this story was so intimate, meaning it dealt heavily with just the two of them with a few outside influences, I would probably spoil a really good story. Just pick up this series. You won't regret it.

Favorite Lines

"We are light and darkness, you and I… and perhaps one cannot survive without the other… perhaps fate brought us together because of that.”

He glanced over his shoulder at her and found her staring at his backside. Her eyes shot wide and darted up to his, and a deep scarlet blush coloured her fair cheeks. “I… um… I,” she stammered and her blush deepened. Her gaze leaped off to her left.
“Was staring at my backside?” he offered. She scowled at him. “I think I liked you better when you didn’t say much and mostly growled at me.”

4.5_MRR_Rating

Connect with Felicity : | Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest | Google + |

Newsletter: Sign up to receive info on new releases, special offers, and my monthly newsletter that includes a $50 Amazon Gift Card prize draw in each issue!

♥ ♥ ♥

Disclaimer: Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for the purpose of an honest review. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the publisher/distributor.

Buy Links are simply informative in nature. I am in no way affiliated with mentioned book sellers, nor am I under any type of affiliate program with said book sellers. Reviewed books were purchased by me unless otherwise noted. Any type of ad that appears anywhere on my blog are NOT sponsored. I do not receive monetary compensation. Giveaway prizes are provided by the author or publisher unless otherwise noted.

Find MsRomanticReads online

TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST

Source: http://msromanticreads.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/early-review-tempted-by-a-rogue-prince-eternal-mates-3-by-felicity-heaton