MsRomanticReads

Heat Level: Sensual

Source: Review copy from author

| Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo |

Synopsis

Luciano Morelli has perfected a plan to get revenge on his runaway wife; confronting her at the opening gala for her father’s hotel. What he didn’t plan on was the flaring of emotions the moment he sees her again.

Jasmine Anderson has no memories of her husband. Her only link to him is the wedding rings she wears. Luciano storms back into her life announcing he is her husband, demanding she join him on a business trip or see her father’s livelihood crumble.

Passion reignites as they rediscover what first drew them together. But more than just memories are lost. Can their bond be rebuilt or will secrets infect their already shattered trust?

goodreads-badge-add-plus

My Review

Read 8/3-8/3

Bound by Her Ring was both a sensual and emotional read about second chances, forgiveness, and how outside influences can easily shred the love and trust between two people newly in love.

I really liked the plot - a whirlwind romance, a tropical setting, a marriage, and then everything fell apart. I loved Jasmine and Lukas as a couple. Despite his agenda to get revenge for something she'd supposedly done, and Jasmine's memory loss, this couple had a sizzling chemistry, and they were both very likeable. Lukas could have easily been pegged as being a complete jerk, but his mask of indifference slipped too often and exposed his vulnerability at his core. Apparently, he had been lying to himself that he was capable of doing anything that would hurt her. Jasmine was confident, outspoken, and definitely not the meek woman that Lukas remembered. I liked that she sort of reinvented herself. There were many great moments where she was was portrayed as his equal; something he had no difficulty embracing. This billionaire CEO had found a woman who shared his strong business sense, and that was so refreshing.

The story flowed and had a nice steady pacing. The "secret" was delivered in slow doses that worked very well with the struggle these two characters had to deal with; causing him to wonder if he could be wrong and causing her to question what she'd been told versus what she was feeling. While Lukas was convinced that her amnesia was just an act, his ideas of trying to get her to slip up showed off his romantic side. I truly believed, despite his thoughts to the contrary, that he loved her. The scenarios he set up gave them opportunities to see one another in a different light while jogging her memories. Of course their time together wasn't all flowers and chocolates. Jasmine spent a lot of time being on the defensive. As the reader, being privy to the truth that eluded Lukas, a lot of her reactions were heartbreaking (yes, I reached for tissues a few times).

The couple of love scenes weren't graphic, nor did they detract from the story. They didn't feel thrown in to fill time and space. The story's climax really had me bawling and hurting for both of them. I loved that the title of this book played a huge role in highlighting the scope of their feelings and depth of their relationship, as evidenced in one particular scene. This new-to-me author has definitely gained a new fan, and I can't wait for the books of the side characters. I definitely recommend this book if you're a romantic sap like me.

Her mouth curved sardonically and her eyes darted from the stewardess to the bedroom, wondering if her job description included providing Luciano with some form of distraction on long flights. “I wouldn’t go there if I were you.” His tone so quiet it took a moment for her to make out exactly what he’d said. “Go where?” “You know where, Jasmine. Your face is giving your thoughts away.”

Her fingers of her right hand went to the rings on her left. Jasmine cradled them for a moment before twisting them off. With each millimetre of flesh exposed by the removal of her rings, her heart broke into tiny pieces.

*sob*

About the Author

On her very first school report her teacher said ‘Nicole likes to tell her own stories’. It wasn’t until after the birth of her first child and after having fun on a romance community forum that she finally decided to take the plunge and write a book. Nicole writes sexy contemporary romances, seducing you one kiss at a time as you turn the pages. She enjoys taking two characters and creating unique situations for them. Apart from writing Nicole is busy looking after her very own hero – her wonderfully supportive husband, and two fabulous kids. She also enjoys watching sports and, of course, reading.

Connect with Nicole : | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter Sign Up |

♥ ♥ ♥

Disclaimer: Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review. The views and opinions expressed in this review are my own, and in no way represent the views or opinions of the publisher/distributor.

Buy Links are simply informative in nature. I am in no way affiliated with mentioned book sellers, nor am I under any type of affiliate program with said book sellers. Reviewed books were purchased by me unless otherwise noted. Giveaway prizes are provided by the author or publisher unless otherwise noted.

Find MsRomanticReads online

TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST

Source: http://msromanticreads.com/2014/08/review-bound-by-her-ring-by-nicole-flockton